Talk

Advanced search

Costume for European Day of Languages

(9 Posts)
AliMonkey Sun 23-Sep-12 21:35:46

The school have just announced that the children are "allowed" to come in dressed as a famous person from another country (ie presumably not British) and I have only four days notice. Any ideas for something easy for someone that my five year old boy or seven year old girl will have heard of? I've spent two hours searching the web and mumsnet and given up!

To give you a hint of my lack of abilities, costumes I've managed for other dressing up days have been Harry and his Bucket full of Dinosaurs (ordinary clothes plus a bucket of dinosaurs!), Dorothy from Wizard of Oz (nice dress, carrying a dog) and a donkey (made a hat /ears and a tail from a pair of tights and some wool).

suebfg Sun 23-Sep-12 21:38:14

Guessing Hitler won't go down too well ahem ... this is quite difficult - shall have a think

suebfg Sun 23-Sep-12 21:44:58

I think you're going to be hard pressed to come up with current famous European people so think you might have to choose historical people.

Some ideas ... Julius Caesar, Coco Chanel, Napoleon, The Pope ..

mumnosGOLDisbest Sun 23-Sep-12 21:45:01

Ooh thats hard. Im thinking about it. What about mother theresa, white dress (sheets) and blue and white teatowel head dress?

mumnosGOLDisbest Sun 23-Sep-12 21:46:24

A famous ballerina (sorry cant think of a name)?

suebfg Sun 23-Sep-12 21:47:30

Does it have to be European?

suebfg Sun 23-Sep-12 21:47:49

if not, how about Cleopatra?

mumnosGOLDisbest Sun 23-Sep-12 21:48:28

What about a footballer? Or other sportsman. Just wear shorts, t-shirt and stitch the name on the back, maybe carry a ball, tennis racket etc?

tigrou Mon 24-Sep-12 09:40:00

dd had a carnaval day where everyone had to dress up as someone or something French. Here were some of the easy to apply ideas :
- ballerina (associated with a name you find on internet)
- Michelin chef (ditto)
- Pirate (ditto)
- Red indian (not French, but hey...)
- Yannick Noah - loved this one, crazy hair wig and a tennis racket, easy!
- Loads of footballers
- Loads of Marie-Antoinettes
- Napolean (actually just wearing a Harry Potter cloak and carrying a toilet roll telescope!)
- Musketeers (with a gringo moustache painted on)
- There was also a girl dressed as a baguette, a camembert, a snail, and and Eiffel tower!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now