Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OK, so I've found out why he doesn't want to go to school...

(12 Posts)
TwiggysGoneOnHolidayByMistake Sun 23-Sep-12 08:33:26

He doesn't want the other children to see his pants when they get changed for PE! (Reception child, btw). I've told him that all the children get changed together and nobody will be looking at him, they'll just be concentrating on getting their own PE kit on, but he's still adamant that he's never going in on PE days. I've said I'll talk to his teacher and see if she has any ideas but has anyone else had this with their DC and thought of something?

mrz Sun 23-Sep-12 08:35:01

Can he wear his shorts under his trousers on PE days?

Autumnalis Sun 23-Sep-12 08:35:14

Favourite character pants?

TwiggysGoneOnHolidayByMistake Sun 23-Sep-12 08:36:19

OMG, shorts under trousers, that is flipping GENIUS grin

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 23-Sep-12 08:38:14

dd and ds always put their shorts on under their clothes on gym days as it makes getting changed faster

TwiggysGoneOnHolidayByMistake Sun 23-Sep-12 08:39:44

Vodka, do they take their shorts off when they've finished PE?

ChippyMinton Sun 23-Sep-12 08:45:08

Take him shopping for new pants? When DS1 started in Reception he had character briefs, but soon wanted jersey boxers like some of the other boys.

ChippyMinton Sun 23-Sep-12 08:47:18

Or change into shorts whilst still wearing school shirt if its long enough to cover his pants?
Our PE kits stays at school so wearing shorts already would not be an option.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 23-Sep-12 09:00:15

no they quite often come home with the shorts still on (their gym stuff isnt left in school and comes home the same day and then fresh stuff is taken back in for the next gym day)

mrz Sun 23-Sep-12 09:01:44

Keeping PE kit in school doesn't mean you can't wear shorts already. It just means you have to make sure you don't forget to put them on when it is PE or have two pairs, 1 in the PE bag (in case ) and 1 pair at home.

TroublesomeEx Mon 24-Sep-12 12:43:30

If the wearing shorts under trousers idea doesn't work (he might find it uncomfortable), what about trying different pants?

My DS is 13 and he doesn't like boxers. He quite likes briefs. Except that on PE days he wears trunks because they cover him up more.

Scoobyblue Mon 24-Sep-12 16:46:26

I think that kids quite often wear their shorts under their clothes. All the girls in my dd's school wear shorts under their summer dresses so the boys don't see their pants when they do handstands and cartwheels in the playground! My ds wears his shorts under his trousers because he is very lazy when it comes to getting changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now