Talk

Advanced search

Primary Schoolls in Biggin Hill/Downe, Kent

(6 Posts)
wtf1981 Sun 12-Aug-12 19:24:00

Hi all,
Just wondered if any of you have any experience of primary schools in the Biggin Hill area? Biggin Hill, Oaklands and Downe seem to be in the area we are considering.
I would appreciate your (helpful/useful/truthful) comments on the schools and of living in the area with children.
Many thanks in advance.

wtf1981 Sun 09-Sep-12 23:06:20

..............anyone? Ta smile

Pooka Sun 09-Sep-12 23:12:28

Don't know about the first two. Only know that downe has good results but is tiny.

On paper looks great, but have a friend who has found it a bit tricky because her dc's year group was only 6 or 7 pupils. All hunky dory at first but I think there was a bit of a cliquey falling out and with such a small school there's nowhere really to hide as a parent or as a pupil.

The school does very well though, although as a school with quite an affluent intake, to a certain extent this is to be expected. I think they rely a great deal on parental involvement (reading help and so on). Again,as with the small classes, this can be awesome when it works and everyone is happy, so I wouldn't take my anecdotal tale as a negative - just as something to bear in mind when you're deciding on schools.

noramum Mon 10-Sep-12 10:27:09

I also think that Downe has mixed-age classes. It may work perfectly well but again something you need to take into consideration.

MaverickAuthor Fri 30-Nov-12 14:50:46

Headmaster at Biggin Hill Primary awful - so much so we moved our DS to Oaklands. Head there is excellent.

wtf1981 Sat 01-Dec-12 18:54:20

schools!!

Just noticed. Thanks for your replies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: