Talk

Advanced search

Park Hill School Kingston-upon-Thames

(14 Posts)
Imes77 Sat 09-Jun-12 23:12:53

Hi,
We have just moved into the area and were looking for a school place for our 2.5 DD. I came across Park Hill school, does anyone have experience with this school (good or bad)? Please share.
TIA

letsblowthistacostand Sun 10-Jun-12 13:37:04

DD1 went to Park Hill for Nursery. It's nice, very focused on early years, lots of staff, everybody very pleasant and DD enjoyed it. We switched to state for reception though--state schools in Kingston are vv good although oversubscribed. I don't think Park Hill had anything to offer that the state schools here don't, and it only goes up to Y2 so you would have to find another school quite quickly. When is your DD turn 3? Have you applied anywhere?

Imes77 Mon 11-Jun-12 22:14:43

Thanks for sharing. DD turns 3 in November, so hoping to switch her to a local school in 2014 as they won't take her in reception for 2013, haven't looked into state schools yet though (bit early), also depends where her brother ends up, he is starting reception this September.

letsblowthistacostand Tue 12-Jun-12 18:35:28

If you want her to go somewhere in Sept, Park Hill is a good choice. There's also Play People and Oranges & Lemons in the area--have heard people speak highly of both. She should have sibling priority for the nursery of your son's primary for 2013 so only one year of paying!

sophiepippa Mon 31-Aug-15 11:46:54

We sent both my daughter's to Park Hill last year and it was appalling. The staff turn over is so high - we even had three Head teachers over the one year! Administration is very poor. I wouldn't go there at all!

scarlett678 Fri 12-Feb-16 19:23:01

Couldn't agree more with the comment above. Very badly run school. Had to remove my child from Reception as did over half of the year group. Don't be fooled by the "lovely small class sizes" if you look around. The children have been removed from the school. Will never forgive the owner of this school.

Chilver Sun 14-Feb-16 08:54:01

Scarlett678 can you elaborate? We are considering PH for Reception this September and your post doesn't sound good!

scarlett678 Sun 14-Feb-16 13:29:56

We are still recovering, but so pleased we removed our child. A positive nursery experience so decided to overlook lack of facilities etc in favour of small environment and lovely staff and kept our child there for reception. Within a couple of months all the staff left. The 2 reception classes got through 6 teachers in the academic year 2014/15. Endless problems but no apologies just lies. There were 36 children in the year group, I believe there are now only about 18 left (current year one). Things may have improved since last summer but the main problem is the school's owner.

Mummyof3xx Sat 19-Mar-16 07:54:58

Agreed Scarlett. Avoid this school - the owners are toxic and unethical. When removing our child we had to deal with much unpleasantness and hostility. There is no continuity with the staff. Money before morals, profit over principal.

Michelle125 Fri 29-Apr-16 09:48:39

our son attended state nursery during 15/16 we decided there must be something more and chose to send him to Parkhill for reception this year, he settled in instantly and has been very happy there. The new reception staff are excellent and clearly good fun too. I can't fault the new headteacher she clearly has a good relationship with all the children. The office staff are also very friendly and helpful even when I'm having a scatty moment. We're really please with the school and our son is very happy there and progressing well.

Funnylife33 Sat 30-Apr-16 06:02:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rosejericho Sat 14-May-16 20:39:08

If you are looking for a school, I think you should really take a look at Park Hill. My DD attended this school from Nursery (1st First Steps) right through till Year 2. This school is so nurturing and delivers everything it promises. She went from a shy little girl to a truly confident young lady. The teachers were amazing and they really make it their job to know your child inside out. They work on strengths and weaknesses and bring out the best in every child. My DD has now gone on to one of the top schools in the area and we feel that Park Hill had really prepared her for the best. My DD was so happy at Park Hill and I can honestly say that it is a small school, very nurturing and they make you feel like you are part of a family. It was the best choice we made and I cannot recommended it highly enough.

CharlesAllenXavier Wed 16-Nov-16 22:45:11

We moved our daughter here this term. She has absolutely thrived. Caring teachers and positive environment. New Head and new management like a breath of fresh air.

sirfredfredgeorge Wed 16-Nov-16 23:14:26

How do you know that the new head is different to the previous head when you only moved her there this year?

You read exactly like another shill poster to me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now