Advanced search

can anyone tell me what this is called?

(4 Posts)
mrsshears Tue 18-Oct-11 09:34:57

I have read somewhere on here about a study that was carried out about children who were placed in top groups and how it basically carries on that they continue to achieve and becomes a 'self forefilling prophecy',i think this is the description used,it was called "the * effect" i think?
If anyone knows what its called i would be really greatful

thanks in advance

DuchessofMalfi Tue 18-Oct-11 09:38:49

Self fulfilling? Try googling it.

mrsshears Tue 18-Oct-11 09:41:18

sorry that post is a bit hmm isnt it.
It has an actual name which i cant remember,its been talked about on here before but i cant for the life of me think of the name of it.

tabulahrasa Tue 18-Oct-11 09:42:03

It's the expectation effect - I'm fairly sure

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: