Talk

Advanced search

DS (yr2) STILL no reading books since he has been back in sept should I be worried??

(4 Posts)
simpson Mon 17-Oct-11 22:57:55

Hi

DS (yr2) still has not had a reading book yet this yr, at first they were being assessed (fair enough) and now we have been told that the books are being audited etc however I know this has been done as I am on the PTA and we did this last wk shock

Now, I have got library books etc for me to read with DS but during a chat today it became apparant that he has not done any reading in the class/guided reading for ages. Now a 6yrs olds version of "ages" might only be a few days hmm which is fair enough grin

But AIBU to have "words" with the teacher tomorrow or has anyone else had this??? Although I do understand that it is kind of out of the teachers control etc and come from above, so how should I handle this???

stromnessdundee Tue 18-Oct-11 12:34:09

I would tackle the School but in the mean time read your own books or library books at home. My son (year 2) gets a new reading book every night. I sometimes wish he did not- Biff, Chip et al!

Jezabelle Tue 18-Oct-11 12:52:41

I'd definatly talk to the school. We get 3 a week on Mon, Wed and Fri (yr1). Yes, get your own books for him to read but lots of parents wouldn't do this, (not your concerne obviously, but just thought I'd make the point!)

simpson Tue 18-Oct-11 14:56:04

off to talk to teacher now, wish me luck!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now