Talk

Advanced search

Kensington school

(8 Posts)
mombear Sat 15-Oct-11 11:46:17

Have been told something about a teacher and I am concerned, what sould I do? I am worried because my d will be in her class next year. If I say something it might cause problems. HELP!

ipanemagirl16 Sat 15-Oct-11 12:02:14

Without knowing a little more information its hard to say. Have you talked to any other parents about it? Could you speak with the headteacher?

mombear Sat 15-Oct-11 12:08:14

I think it would cause hysteria, the Headteacher knows aparently. I am resigned to the fact that I will have to move her - I am happy with the school but am not comfortable with my d being in the other teachers' class. She apparently has 'problems'.

americanmommy Sat 15-Oct-11 12:27:22

I have the same problem at my sons school in Kensington! It's a boys school so can't be the same one as your d's! The teacher left the last school under a cloud, she is meant to be terrible. REAL CONCERNS. I am moving mine and I think others will too when they find out, i'll lose the deposit but I can't take the risk.

americanmommy Sat 15-Oct-11 13:27:30

Meant to ask, is your d's school private? They seem to employ allsorts although we have been lucky with our choices up until now. If the Head knows, why is the teacher still there?

mombear Sat 15-Oct-11 13:31:38

Yes, it is private! I have heard about other schools but not the one my d's at. What did the teacher do at your sons school? If she is a bad teacher or has done something to a pupil, then other parents have to know. I need to tell other parents but I may get a bad reaction and the school will make things bad for me - they can be quite intimidating. My friends son goes to a school in Kensington - hope it's not the same one.

BranchingOut Sat 15-Oct-11 13:43:13

As a teacher and ex-school manager I have to say:

If this is non-evidenced gossip, then keep quiet.

If this relates to the teacher's personal life and has no bearing on his/her ability to do her job, then keep quiet.

If this is hearsay about the teacher's ability in the classroom, wait and see what he/she is actually like.

If a child has told you something to indicate that children might be at risk, it is your responsibility to speak directly to the headteacher.

americanmommy Sat 15-Oct-11 17:54:53

The teacher in my sons school was at another school where she taught my friend's child. She took them out because of the way she treated the children. This teacher wasn't good at her job and the stories we have heard since suggest she got worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now