Talk

Advanced search

Thankyou teachers...

(1 Post)
MerryMarigold Fri 14-Oct-11 11:17:52

...I'd just like to say THANKYOU to all the teachers out there who really help kids. I have been thrilled with my ds1's progress this year. He had a really terrible reception year - miserable, stressed, badly behaved in term time, very behind peer group (I was even worried he was dyslexic as a he had a lot of the traits).

He has a BRILLIANT teacher this year. I think she's approaching retirement (sob, sob, my other 2 won't get her) and a great TA as well. The change in him is amazing, his behaviour at home is great, he's doing well in his reading, he actually wants to read/ write/ do homework (in small spurts, but before he refused point blank), his friendships are better, and best of all, he is really happy.

I spent quite a bit of time coming on here and moaning last year about my son's teacher, so thought it was only fair to come on here and say that I am very happy this year. And especially to any of you who are getting a bit older and see loads of new ideas coming and going, and sometimes forced by enthusiastic heads/ deputies to employ all sorts of strategies - if you have a gift for teaching and loads of experience, you are probably amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now