Talk

Advanced search

questions to ask and what to look for in a school.

(4 Posts)
TickleBug Wed 12-Oct-11 20:53:34

Im off to have a look around a few schools in the next few days for my ds to go to next sep. Any advice on what to look for, what questions to ask etc?

Malpy Fri 14-Oct-11 00:41:41

Check out the schools vital statistics i.e., if it is a prep school only enquire what places were received at 11+ and what schools the children moved on to. Be careful if the school has a senior school as in my DSs current school children do not have to sit the 11+ if they have attended the prep. Hence there is a lot of dross scraping into the Senior school. Its also a nice guaranteed income for the school. Investigate how long the Head has been in place as frequent changes will show bad leadership and inconsistency. Most of all don't be afraid to ask questions. You are making big decisions and investing a large amount of wonga and emotion. Also google the school and try other websites. Lastly drive by the school at drop off or collection time to see what the general feel of the school and the parents! Happy hunting

skybluepearl Fri 14-Oct-11 22:09:22

how they deal with bullying? reward systems? school clubs? homework? staff turn over? transport? is there a buddy system?

AnnaB89 Tue 18-Oct-11 11:33:43

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now