Talk

Advanced search

Target setting - does dd wear uniform for it?

(10 Posts)
RueDeWakening Wed 12-Oct-11 08:34:20

We have a 10 minute appointment with DD's reception teacher later today, other than that she will not be at school today.

Should she wear school uniform for the appointment? I have no idea, and it's our first experience of the whole thing!

TIA

ThatsYouThatIs Wed 12-Oct-11 08:39:28

DS1 has never had to wear uniform for a target setting day. If school haven't told you then I would assume not as it is a teacher training day and children wouldn't normally wear uniform for them.

RueDeWakening Wed 12-Oct-11 09:40:57

Thanks - now I just have to get her out of her pyjamas in time to go grin

seeker Wed 12-Oct-11 09:44:06

Target setting- in reception?????

vincentvangogh Wed 12-Oct-11 10:27:28

your child has a day off school so she can come in for 10 minutes for the teacher to set her targets????

I've never heard of this confused. Can anyone explain, as I'm curious.

RueDeWakening Wed 12-Oct-11 10:41:55

Well our appointment is in an hour, so I will update when we're back! grin The whole school is off for target setting, it's age 4-11 primary.

seeker Wed 12-Oct-11 10:48:18

Ah- a private school?

mummytime Wed 12-Oct-11 10:51:45

Target setting in reception is a bit of a joke! For senior school yes, they need to wear uniform.

whenIgetto3 Wed 12-Oct-11 12:35:49

Seeker doubt it is a private school they do not tend to have any training days or days off during the term time as the parents would have to organise care for their children and would be very concerned that they are paying for a day when the children aren't in. Training days at private schools are usually done during the long school holidays

RueDeWakening Wed 12-Oct-11 12:59:51

Nope it's a state primary, not private.

Targets turn out to be for things like recognising & writing their own names, counting to 10 etc. I actually asked about them as the teacher didn't mention them, she said they're only for the few that can't do the above already.

She did say that dd has been put on g&t for literacy hmm fairly sure that's just because she could read when she started though - I thought g&t didn't exist in reception.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now