Talk

Advanced search

Sparklebox. Should I say something?

(4 Posts)
SlothAttack Tue 11-Oct-11 20:29:41

We have had sparklebox work sheets since reception and I've always felt uneasy with it, but I'm not sure if its something I should bring up.

Is it still the same situation with the site?

My 2nd childs new teacher seems to use them alot and I don't know if the school are aware of the sites history.

Would you say something? Should I approach the individual teachers if so, or the school its self?

I'm not really the erm rallying type but if the situation is still the same as when I last read about sparklebox then I really don't feel comftable with it sad

Feenie Tue 11-Oct-11 20:48:36

Don't blame you - I would have a word with the Head. Recent threads here and here.

LittleMissWoodscommaElle Tue 11-Oct-11 20:51:04

I would and did.

the school were largely unaware they had heard rumours but had not realised that the owner had actually been convicted (twice)

2kidsintow Tue 11-Oct-11 21:50:00

Schools in my County have taken the line that it is OK to use stuff that was downloaded prior to the news coming out of the problems, but that we are not to continue to access the site and download new resources so as not to continue to fund the business via its advertising revenue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now