Talk

Advanced search

Teaching advice please

(2 Posts)
shinyhappypeople Sun 09-Oct-11 22:05:53

Hi, I?m looking for some advice with regard to teaching in a Primary School or an Early Years setting. I am currently a Lecture in an FE college and I?m into my tenth year of teaching BTEC?s to 16-19 year olds. I am considering a career change to teach in a Primary or nursery and would like some advice on the best route into this.
I have a degree and PGCE (14-19 years). Does anyone know how transferrable my currently qualifications would be (if at all) and what would be the best qualifications for me to start considering?
Any advice welcome
Thanks

Clary Sun 09-Oct-11 23:51:08

You might like to try to get a place to do a GTP primary next year. I think with your teaching experience etc you would stand a very good chance but in the meantime I would get as much experience in primary as you possibly can - helping in school etc etc.

I imagine you would have to retrain although if you have QTS I guess in theory you a primary could give you a job if you could persuade them... in practice I suspect competition is too high.

I don't know for sure tho and maybe someone else could come along and help. Certainly with a secondary QTS you can teach primary, whether anyone will employ you is another matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now