Talk

Advanced search

Handcross park or Copthorne prep sussex

(9 Posts)
Lorah Sat 08-Oct-11 14:37:17

Does anyone have any experience or either of these schools, we will be putting our little girls name down to start at the nursery next year. We have looked round both and I am leaning to hp, however it would be great if anyone has any first hand information to pass on? Thanks

MOSagain Sat 08-Oct-11 18:41:46

DC1 and 2 went to Copthorne prep although quite a few years ago. DC1 started in 1997 and DC2 in 2000. DC2 went into the Coach House (it wasn't open when DC1 started) and I have to say it is fabulous. Was really pleased with Copthorne and they stayed until year 8 (a lot do leave at age 11).

I know some of the staff that work in the Coach house now and they are really lovely, brilliant with the children. DC3 has just started at our local state school but if I could afford/justify it she and DC4 would be going to Copthorne.

Lorah Sat 08-Oct-11 19:10:07

Thanks MOSagain! Yes i thought the ladies in the nursery seemed really lovely and very passionate about the start they were giving to the children. It's such a hard decision.

MOSagain Sun 09-Oct-11 07:10:03

They really are lovely and one of them has two young girls herself. They are so good with the children and it is a lovely start to school. Good luck with your decision.

CupOfBrownJoy Sun 09-Oct-11 16:23:28

FWIW one of the children in my class came from HP last year. He loved it and is always talking about what a lovely school he thought it was.

He's year 2.

And that's straight from the horse's mouth! grin

Lorah Sun 09-Oct-11 16:44:37

Thanks CupOfBrownJoy, another good recommendation!

100lilgreen Sun 09-Oct-11 17:16:18

Both are wonderful however i do know a family at hp and they absolutely love it.

Beth2802 Wed 16-Nov-11 10:22:59

Hi, I'm another parents whose child goes to Copthorne Prep and I cannot say enough good things about the place. The staff are totally brilliant!

lottie4576 Thu 06-Feb-14 22:03:22

HP is brilliant I know a lot of people who go there and all the children leave year 8 with an excellent grounding for the future! The leavers go on to top senior schools as well many of them with scholarships

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now