Talk

Advanced search

Purley primary schools - what do you know?

(1 Post)
MsMarple Thu 06-Oct-11 01:03:40

Hello there, just starting out on the scary admissions stuff for next year and could do with some opinions to mull over.

The ones within walking distance to us are Roke and Christchurch - not even contemplating applying for a bus-ride-up-to-Sanderstead schools - but how to choose? All I know is that Roke is very big and outstanding for Ofsted, and Christchurch is small CofE with fairly out of date, but only satisfactory offsted. We do go to church, and Roke is nearest to us, so admissions rules for either shouldn't be a problem,

I'm trying to get in touch with them for open day appointments, but in the meantime does anyone have any practical experience of DCs at the schools?What kind of children have enjoyed it there/not liked it etc?

Also, I was suprised that Christchurch had such a so-so offsted report as I was always told it was a good school - has it improved since the report?

Aargh, there is so much to think about. I just want to choose the one DS would be happier at but can't imagine I will get to know much about what it is really like on a one night guided tour so would really appreciate any true life experience that anyone has.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now