Talk

Advanced search

I feel like crying and very helpless.

(4 Posts)
busybee1399 Wed 05-Oct-11 16:36:24

i moved to bromley end of august with my 3 boys, i filled in application forms and hand it over 1 of sep. Today i found out that the schools near to me are full and i have been offered a place for 6 year old about 2 mile from home and is worst with Ofsted. i was told that 4 and half year old can stay home as legal age for school is 5.i feel stuck.

prh47bridge Wed 05-Oct-11 16:44:17

There probably isn't anything you can do about your 6 year old other than make sure he is on the waiting list for all the schools you prefer. However, you need to kick up a fuss about your 4.5 year old. You have applied for a place. Bromley are therefore obliged to come up with one. Whilst it is true that he can legally stay at home that isn't the point. They are in breach of the Admissions Code.

I suggest you contact the Admissions Manager, point out they are in breach of the Admissions Code as they haven't offered you a place and tell them that you will refer the matter to the LGO if they don't come up with one. I would also think about appealing for your preferred schools as, although it is likely to be an infant class size case, the fact you haven't been offered a place anywhere should help you.

SenoritaViva Wed 05-Oct-11 16:46:39

Great advice from PRH47. Can't add, other than don't give up and don't cry!

Also, OFSTED isn't everything. If you can, get involved in his school as sometimes those that are 'under performing' in OFSTED are trying really hard to improve.

Agree on your 4 year old, they have to offer a place.

JeanBodel Wed 05-Oct-11 16:55:06

Can you home educate while you wait for a place in a good school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now