Talk

Advanced search

ORT and Sound Start

(4 Posts)
Sleeptalker Sun 02-Oct-11 21:38:25

Can anyone help, DC finished reception on ORT level 5/6 and has started yr 1 on a new book scheme - Sound Start - 'Blue Booster level' which DC finds easy.

Is this an equivalent level or has DC taken a step back over the Hols? I appreciate that books a given for different reasons, but kinder have no knowledge of this new scheme and how well or bad my DC is doing. Also concerned that new teacher may not have realised where DC was at the end of last yr.

All responses welcomed!

cazzybabs Mon 03-Oct-11 19:48:21

Having goggled it it says it is equivalent to letters and sounds stage 5 which is where children should be at the start of Year 2/end of year 1 ... which would tie in to the ORT level 5/6 (if not a bit higher) ... but it is not a scheme I use

Sleeptalker Mon 03-Oct-11 22:19:50

Thanks cazzy....seems as though DC is spot on where they should be. However judging by the responses it clearly isn't a scheme known by many.

Are you able to tell me where you found your info on this scheme... Would like to learn more, like what's the next level/colour book etc.

Thanks in advance

cazzybabs Tue 04-Oct-11 08:06:35

Well it looks like its new so I guess many schools would not have money to invest in a new scheme ...
1st link from google
http://www.nelsonthornes.com/soundstart/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now