Talk

Advanced search

Which school for 6 and 4 year old girls in Surrey?

(3 Posts)
beccyjenjen Thu 29-Sep-11 18:24:33

I'd be eternally grateful to anyone that could give me advice on which school to send my daughters next year (they'll be going into year 2 and reception next year). We live in Ashtead, so ideally as near as possible, but very willing to travel to a brilliant school. We want to go private - my eldest daughter needs small classes because she cannot cope with noise and distractions, and finds it difficult to concentrate. My youngest daughter would be fine anywhere but we'd like her to go to the same school as her sister. We've ruled out Downsend because of the large year groups and their early streaming. We really need somewhere smaller that does mixed ability teaching classes. We'd prefer co-ed but are being more and more swayed by the idea of girls only. Kingswood House in Epsom looked like what we were looking for, but it's boys only from 7, so we need an equivalent. Thank you in advance.

AChickenCalledKorma Thu 29-Sep-11 18:28:03

St Giles infants (state) followed by City of London Freemens (private, with prep and senior school) seems to be a well trodden path that wouldn't require you to travel. CLFS is where we'd contemplate sending our girls, if we could afford it. Traditional, good discipline, lovely grounds, plenty of facilities. Seems to turn out well-rounded, sensible teenagers, judging by the few I know who have been there.

Don't know whether you'd get your older child into St Giles Yr 2 though.

Lonnie Thu 29-Sep-11 18:55:25

What about Ewell Castle?

or Danes Hill but i think (do not know) it is a larger school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now