Talk

Advanced search

What would you do? Advice needed please because i am fretting

(5 Posts)
tellthetime Thu 29-Sep-11 11:41:38

I could really do with some advice. My ds (year 2) came home yesterday and said he had done hardly any writing because he was talking too much to finish it. He said this happens a lot. The teacher hasn't noticed apparently and he hasn't been told off. I need to stop this from happening but don't want to go in and critisise or offend the teacher. What would you say?

munstersmum Thu 29-Sep-11 12:45:40

Nothing.
There'll be a teacher and a TA presumably & they won't both continue to ignore if it's a problem.
Maybe they were allowed to discuss what they were writing?
You can suggest to him he finishes his writing before chatting if needs be to support the teacher.

2BoysTooLoud Thu 29-Sep-11 13:10:03

I don't think it would hurt to ask in passing to teacher 'is ds a chatterbox in class?' See what teacher's response is and take it from there. Whether my ds is chatty/ distracted or not does depend a fair bit on who he is sitting with.

treas Thu 29-Sep-11 14:24:17

Keep an eye on it - we didn't hear about dd lack of completing work until end of year reports 2 weeks before end of school year.

Funnily enough since we found out dd's work has not only been completed but she is often the most productive child in the class.

stealthsquiggle Thu 29-Sep-11 14:28:39

is there a parent's evening scheduled any time soon? If not, then a quick "how is DS doing - is he managing to finish things or is he too busy chatting all the time?" to the teacher at the next opportunity wouldn't be over-doing it, IMHO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now