Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

school funding and deferring place

(7 Posts)
catsmeow Wed 28-Sep-11 18:58:49

just one last question on deferring:

I have deferred my child's reception entry until January. I would like to further defer it now until April (Summer term) which is our legal entitlement. I will tell the school this week - but before I wanted to know whether the school's funding will be affected by this decision (I know if we go in January the school still receives funding for his place).

Thanks!

catsmeow Wed 28-Sep-11 19:00:30

Sorry - I mean funding for the full year.

spanieleyes Wed 28-Sep-11 19:04:55

I would presume that, as you are on roll just not present they will receive the funding as if you WERE there, after all, they can't give your place to anyone else, can they!

prh47bridge Wed 28-Sep-11 20:19:59

The school's funding will not be affected.

catsmeow Wed 28-Sep-11 20:22:00

And thank you again prh47bridge. V. Helpful. Want them to know I am not being cavalier!

Theas18 Wed 28-Sep-11 21:36:59

Are you sure the schools funding isn't affected if you dont take up the place within the school year ? I understood that you'd have to reapply and hope there was space.

prh47bridge Thu 29-Sep-11 01:34:23

Theas18 - The OP only wants to defer until April. That is still within the school year and will not affect funding. If she wants to defer until September she would lose the place and have to reapply. Funding would then be affected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now