Advanced search

I've come to track down PRH47BRIDGE :)

(1 Post)
BrianAndHisBalls Tue 27-Sep-11 20:13:22

PRH47BRIDGE! court order update HELP :D(4 Posts)
Add message | Report | Message poster BrianAndHisBalls Fri 27-May-11 21:43:15

This has being going on for ages now (nearly 2 years) and you kindly helped me before (many times).

Court order after divorce for child maintenance (not csa related) - exh doesnt pay it, now owes me £6000 in arrears. I registered it in magistrates court, they found for me and ordered him to pay, he didn't. At next court date they said he had to bring in outgoings and income and set an interim order of £200 a month to pay off the arrears.

Now, 3 months later, he's gone to court again and showed his payslips proving he earns £1200 net a month. He then told them his outgoings were £1300 a month but did NOT have to prove this (and included a loan to his father in the amount!) he admitted he paid no bills or rent/mortgage (lives with father rent free).

Court have ordered he pays me 5p a month going forwards and £10 a month off the arrears

Can I do anything about this? I can't believe that you can have a debt and refuse to pay and get off scott free by showing your outgoings are higher than your income, when those outgoings are things like smoking/iphone/drinking/expensive car etc. Seems totally unfair.

Does this mean you could say not pay a builder, then when they took you to court for their money just say oh well I pay Auntie SHaron £500 a month and my Dad £700 a month so havent got anything left over!


Add message | Report | Message poster BrianAndHisBalls Tue 27-Sep-11 19:36:37
PRH47BRIDGE - an update and question for you if you're around

The tedious sage continues

Went back to Magistrates court again today. They have kept it at 5p a month and £10 off arrears (which are now nearly £8,000).

He now has a 'proper' job as a solicitor so I thought they would 'up' the payments but they havent (he's on circa £50k and on same outgoings as before unless they have miraculously expanded over the last 2 months!).

They have instead adjourned till January as he has said he's going to apply for a variation of the original court order through the County Court.

So what does that mean? Does he have to have a reason to apply for a variation? Are they likely to grant it? I'm going to get myself a solicitor for when the case does go back to County Court although it feels like throwing good money after bad but is there anything you can tell me in the meantime?
Add message | Report | Message poster sunnyday123 Tue 27-Sep-11 19:56:36
post in primary education as PRH47 is always on there!
Add message | Report | Message poster BrianAndHisBalls Tue 27-Sep-11 20:12:01
thank you, will try that. What's he doing over there??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: