Talk

Advanced search

How much praise is too much?

(2 Posts)
expectingnumber2 Tue 27-Sep-11 20:03:09

DS1 is in Y2 at school and isn't the most academic of children. Often for bits and pieces of work he has done he will get a lot of mistakes and, to be honest, most of the time I think he could put in more effort than he does.

What my issue is though is that his teacher's comment at the end are always full of praise, even if he has got a lot of the work wrong. He will also always get a sticker for his work even if minimal effort has been put in.

Does this seem right? Do you think that the amount of praise he is getting is leading him to be complacent and maybe not put as much effort into work as he could?

I know he that as he is so young lots of praise is good, but is there such a thing as too much?

Lonnie Wed 28-Sep-11 17:49:21

Does the teacher know that you feel he is being praised "to much"? sometimes I think if teaches knows that you are concerned your child is not working enough that they will try to work with you and encourage more effort.

May be worth a conversation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now