Talk

Advanced search

non leaking water bottles?

(14 Posts)
PenguinPatter Tue 27-Sep-11 09:49:30

Any suggestions - its for the DCs packed lunch boxes?

Don't remember having such problems with eldest DD1 drinks bottles last year but this year all the one we have tried seem to leak a little and she a bit paranoid as another girls bottle leaked over everyone lunch boxes apparently making one lunch inedible.

DS lasted first day of packed lunch - and has gone through two this morning though I've caught him swinging and bashing his lunch box round which probably isn't helping much.

privateprancer Tue 27-Sep-11 09:50:19

watching with interest.. you wouldn't think it'd be that difficult would you?!

verybusyspider Tue 27-Sep-11 10:06:28

ours have these http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Better-Bottle-75L.aspx
ds has to have one in the class room, you can replace the mouth piece if it gets too chewed - expensive but doesn't leak (I have a bigger one for work)

verybusyspider Tue 27-Sep-11 10:06:41

sorry www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Better-Bottle-75L.aspx

PorkChopSter Tue 27-Sep-11 10:09:00

this

PenguinPatter Tue 27-Sep-11 10:09:09

www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002NPC0WG/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_3?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&pageNumber=3&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I haven't tried this make but do have theses screw caps type ones - all seem to leak and I have no control how DD1 puts the lunch box down - a few reviews suggest they leak on their sides or upside down.

I have some metal bike ones with screw tops which we take on days out they don't leak but they are a bit big for the packed lunch boxes - school don't like large boxes due to storage issues.

There has got to be a good solution out there.

PenguinPatter Tue 27-Sep-11 10:09:37

ohh x-post - thanks will check out all the suggestions.

moogalicious Tue 27-Sep-11 10:13:20

sistema every time. Doesn't leak and no fiddly bits to clean. I've used them for all 3 of mine for the last couple of years.

PenguinPatter Tue 27-Sep-11 10:13:24

Fantastic - really like look of verybusyspider suggestion so I'm off to order a few.

Thank you - you've saved me quite a bit of time trawling the net smile.

grubbalo Tue 27-Sep-11 10:13:29

A bit more expensive than I was hoping to spend, but a friend recommended these for my DS and TBH it has been great - no leaking, easy for him to use etc (plus he got one where the lid glows in the dark, so lots of street cred for a 4 year old).

www.amazon.co.uk/Sigg-Jungle-Aluminium-Water-Bottle/dp/B0030Z6FQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317114698&sr=8-1

lovingthepeaceandquiet Tue 27-Sep-11 10:28:00

Sistema here too. After 4 years we have FINALLY found one that doesn't leak!

CaptainNancy Tue 27-Sep-11 10:38:01

The sistema ones are fantastic- and even very small children can manage to open/close them.

PenguinPatter Tue 27-Sep-11 10:44:36

I've ordered the camelbak ones via Amazon
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cart/view-upsell.html?ie=UTF8&HUCT=1&newItems=U10EZ0L8H4FIP5%2C1

But I'm going to keep a note of all the other suggestions just in case they don't crack the problem.

Thanks for all the replies - now that sorted better go and play with my toddler who is wanting attention.

PenguinPatter Tue 27-Sep-11 10:46:38

wrong link blush]
www.amazon.co.uk/camelbak-water-better-bottle-500ml/dp/B00102AYVW/ref=lh_ni_t

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now