Talk

Advanced search

does your dc have a pc? if so what kind?

(5 Posts)
crepes Mon 26-Sep-11 12:42:01

we are thinking of getting a desktop pc for my year 1 ds to be able to do mymaths and other learning games on it as well as for the 2.5 year old to play games.

just wondering what kind of pc your child has? is it something basic? my brother (the tech freak) thinks we should get an all in one touch screen pc in with i3/i5/i7 CPUS which are very pricey!!

saw this on ebay looks good price wise, comes with 3 month warranty? what do people think?? thanks

reckoner Mon 26-Sep-11 12:49:29

At that age they are fine to use a family computer. Perhaps make them their own log-in so they have their own background etc and put parental controls on.

cat64 Mon 26-Sep-11 12:53:16

Message withdrawn

crepes Mon 26-Sep-11 12:55:19

unfortunately we only have a laptop at home, he's been using it, but keyboard a bit tricky and I don't have a mouse... guess could get one, but 2.5 year old then wants to get on laptop and it all gets a bit messy iygwim!

reckoner Mon 26-Sep-11 13:03:46

We only have had laptops. And they were Mac ones! We have a rule of no food near it. You can buy a mouse for about a fiver. Much less than pc smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now