Talk

Advanced search

pamper evening - how?

(12 Posts)
carryon Sun 25-Sep-11 11:07:32

I wasn't entirely sure where this should go but I have been asked to organise a pamper evening at our school. I am not to sure where to start but am thinking of approaching local beauticans, massage therapists, hairdressers, gym, complimemntary therapists, tarot readers if they would like to come and charging them £20 (?) plus a donation for the raffle. I will then sell tickets and people can book and pay a depodit for treatments in advance. The deposit will then go to the therapists so they know they have set bookings. I will also charge people to come in with a free drink or goodie bag (£3) and then sell raffle tickets seperatley. Anything else I need to think of?

carryon Sun 25-Sep-11 11:18:55

I have just found a website which says the school should pay the therapists to turn up and then make the money back from ticket sales and treatments. That would mean booking treatments in advance and taking the money for them and paying the therapists out of the money. Might be a better way to do it - any opinions?

sleepevader Sun 25-Sep-11 11:24:10

Therapists give time for free. Charge for services. Percentage of takings back to school. Mixture of bookings and no bookings needed. Body shop reps also good. The stalls get to promote services- maybe give a raffle prize.

MindtheGappp Sun 25-Sep-11 13:56:13

I have only been to one ladies' pamper evening. I was not involved in the organisation, but I believe that all the vendors gave their time for free, with a view to people making bookings with them for full treatments. A lot of the vendors were school families, or had close connections.

livinonaprayer Sun 25-Sep-11 19:02:38

Vendors at ours pay for a table and if possible donate a raffle prize. We sell the tickets. The vendors/service providers usually make back their money in sales/future bookings as they are all local.

2madboys Sun 25-Sep-11 19:11:20

I did one where I sold my Phoenix cards and there were other shopping type stalls along with the beauty treatments, etc. There were people selling handbags, chocolates, make up, and crafty stuff. I paid £10 for a table and also donated a raffle prize.

Clary Mon 26-Sep-11 00:00:50

I organised one, got treatments from beauty people and massage people, charged £5 for 15 mins, they paid me 10%. Also had lots of lovely stalls, £10 a go plus a prize IIRC.

Best stalls were wooden toys, fancy toiletries (mini bath bombs etc), inexpensive jewellery (fancy dress rings etc) and handmade chocs!

Tickets were £3.50 inc wine and nibbles. Was a great success.

lisad123 Mon 26-Sep-11 00:26:07

Ok first thing to do is find
Enough professionals. Go for basics of nails, massage, facials and little stalls on first go.
Then book them. We charge our professionals £10 each, but they have to be willing to do short treatments at cheaper prices. Then charge for tickets, which normally covers first drink. Get booking for the services and collect money at time of booking (trust me it's easier)
Then invite bodyshop, someone that makes nexklaces ect, someone who makes yummy cakes and maybe a handbag stall.

Make sure you have room dividers, nice calm lights, music and enough hands to help. Get local companies to give raffle prizes.

It's great fun but a huge task to undertake alone smile

feetheart Mon 26-Sep-11 06:43:14

We couldn't serve alcohol at ours but made a fortune on a chocolate fountain smile

Stall holders paid £10 and we also had a variety of pampering stalls and shopping stalls as there can be some waiting around.

Rope in other people asap, it is HARD WORK doing it on your own.

carryon Fri 07-Oct-11 23:36:08

Thanks for all your help. This is my plan:

Charge stall holders £15 or £10 plus a raffle donation
Charge £5 (if booked in advance) or £6 if booked on the night per mini treatment with half going to the therapist and half to the PTA. Book treatments and time slots in advance and pay a deposit.
Charge £3 for tickets which include a drink and nibbles
Sell drink on the night.
Treatments to include:facials/massage/mani-pedi/make up/ hair style advice/tarot cards.

I guestimate we shoudl raise about £800+ for a 3 hour time slot.

I am thinking of doing it in November so people may be drawn by buying present for christmas.

Any other ideas?

carryon Fri 07-Oct-11 23:39:35

OOOH I am liking the chocolate fountain idea.

lisad123 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:26:18

personally if your charging stall holders for their slots, I cant see how you can then take half their money. They are going to be doing it at discount as it is, so if you want the proffessionals to come, you have to make it worth their time and effort.

Also we had issues with thing like tarot readers and readings as you run the risk of parents not turning up who feel this is "unsafe" or against their christian/muslim/other beliefs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now