Talk

Advanced search

DS a nightmare since starting school!

(7 Posts)
AngryFeet Thu 22-Sep-11 19:08:31

DS is 4.5 and started mornings only last week. He has been extremely boisterous, cheeky and rude every since starting. His toilet training has regressed a bit too and he has had accidents every day this week (none in the first week though) and even a poo accident today.

Is this normal? I remember DD regressing a bit in the toilet training but not the mad behaviour....

sittinginthesun Thu 22-Sep-11 19:18:07

Probably normal, I'm afraid! I think it depends on the child, but it's all so stimulating, that I think it comes out one way or another. DS2 is okay behaviourwise, but has been shouting out in his sleep every night.

Usual advice, I suppose. Keep playdates/activities to a minimum, lots of time to rest and chill out, and stay consistent with discipline and routine.

clutteredup Thu 22-Sep-11 19:22:59

They're all exhausted DD has already started whole days I'm just leaving out all after school activities and having quiet afternoons at home - its the same for those who've been in nursery all day 5 days a week school is new scary exhausting stimulating and stressful as there are new people new kids etc and new routines - just be as gentle in your reinforcing good behaviour as you can he's probably checking everything is still inplace at home so he knows that hasn't all changed too- he'll get used to it - rememebr they are still very little.

clutteredup Thu 22-Sep-11 19:26:44

Oh and Just check in with the teacher to see if he's settling at school OK sure he is but to put your mind at rest - she'll be having everyone ask so she won't mind.

MigratingCoconuts Thu 22-Sep-11 19:29:08

My DD manifested this as terrible tantrums. My DS seems to be going down the wildly silly and not listening to a single instruction route. Frankly, both of these have been equally as testing on my patience!

CDMforever Thu 22-Sep-11 20:57:26

My DS is just doing afternoons in reception and his behaviour has definitely gone downhill.

Particularly when it comes to getting ready for bed. Then as soon as DH has read the first few words of his bedtime story he's out for the count, which I suppose is whats at the bottom of it. Sheer exhaustion!!

God help us when he starts full days!!

shebird Thu 22-Sep-11 20:58:24

I think (hope) it's pretty normal! My DD2 4 started full time and although seems to be getting on great at school but she is being a terror at home. Shes Just being really boisterous and silly and she just won't listen to anything I say. I guess it will all calm down eventually but hopefully sooner rather than later I can't take much more !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now