Talk

Advanced search

£1 bet between y5 boys

(8 Posts)
boredofironing Thu 22-Sep-11 19:00:27

Just found out my ds yr5 lost £1 to another boy the other day. (He keeps £2 in his school bag for breakfast club).
We've talked to him about it now, and that betting is basically not a good idea. Would you mention this to the other parent or the teacher? Or am I being too precious?

bigTillyMint Thu 22-Sep-11 19:01:39

What were they betting on?

boredofironing Thu 22-Sep-11 19:02:51

Which way the bus would go - past Sainsbury's or not!!!!

purpleturtletoise Thu 22-Sep-11 19:03:08

I think, that having spoken to your ds, you should now wait and see whether it happens again. If not, problem solved. If it does, further action needed.

Ponders Thu 22-Sep-11 19:05:08

I would hope he has realised for himself, from losing half his money, that betting is a bad idea smile

If it happens again maybe think about mentioning it

bigTillyMint Thu 22-Sep-11 19:05:42

Are they friends or was the other boy clearly trying to con your son out of £1?

If your talk hasn't done the trick, it might be worth alerting the school, but
make sure your son knows that "a fool and his money are easily parted" grin

boredofironing Thu 22-Sep-11 19:20:28

Yes, you're all right of course. He's learnt his own lesson hopefully. No need to go stomping in anywhere.
Stupid DS for losing the bet anyway - the bus was following our route to and from school, it was bound to go past Sainsbury's!! What was he thinking!!! duh.

Fairenuff Thu 22-Sep-11 21:10:57

grin bored

It's a valuble lesson. He was scammed. Tell him to be on guard for this in future. Watch The Real Hustle with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now