Talk

Advanced search

History dress up day - reception - please, please help me!

(10 Posts)
bluelaguna Thu 22-Sep-11 10:12:39

That's it really - a dress up day where reception must come as someone from history. I don't remember any history blush blush. Well I do a bit, but only unpleasant characters from history!!

Any help much appreciated.

Bramshott Thu 22-Sep-11 10:17:01

DD or DS?

bluelaguna Thu 22-Sep-11 10:18:11

Mine is DS but my friend has a DD so ideas for both will be gratefully received.

Toga out of a bed sheet - Julius Caesar

DeWe Thu 22-Sep-11 10:22:04

Boy or girl?
Shirley Temple for girl (little girl dress, dancing/party shoes)
Rev, Awdry who wrote the Thomas books. He can wear either an engine driver's uniform, or Thomas T-shirt if he has one and carry a book.

Bramshott Thu 22-Sep-11 10:41:51

Well DD would probably choose to go as Boudicca (tartan blanket as dress, face/arms painted blue - although that's probably incorrect), or Joan of Arc (sword, shield, trousers), or Cleopatra (white dress, toy snake).

Boys could be a viking (hat with horns), julius caesar with sheet as toga as PP suggested, if they have a sword and shield set they could be Sir Lancelot or King Arthur, a victoria chimney sweep with black top and trousers and a sooty face (social history!), Rober Peel or similar with a black top hat made of card . . .

UniS Thu 22-Sep-11 10:50:28

DS would have gone dressed as a knight ( St George, if you ask him which knight). I think there would be fair few Vikings, warriors, princesses, kings and queens too.

Cave man/girl could be fun.
Davey crockett if you have raccoon type hat and brown trews and shirt.
Neil Armstong - if you have a a space man dressup suit.
Pick a famous heart surgeon if you have a Drs dress up kit.
Famous ballerina- leotard and ballet skirt.

Don't overthink it, its reception.

whenIgetto3 Thu 22-Sep-11 10:51:22

Same as above, viking, pirate, roman etc for DS for a DD go as a queen or maybe a medieval lady (tall cone hat long dress)

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 22-Sep-11 11:50:13

Whatever is in your dressing up box and then find the real life historical figure to match!

bluelaguna Thu 22-Sep-11 20:06:05

Brill, all sorted, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now