Fairlawn SE23

(9 Posts)
cakeismyfriend Wed 21-Sep-11 19:31:31

Just moved to the area. Does anyone know anything about this primary school?
Thanks smile

sydenhamhiller Wed 21-Sep-11 21:56:07

Friends had a child there Rex- yr 2 until recently, very very happy with the school. I hear it had an outstanding ofsted with outstanding in every sub category...
But there are a lot of lovely schools around the area too: horniman, dalmain, kilmorie, Eliot bank.

motherinferior Wed 21-Sep-11 21:57:27

Good reputation, quite posh in terms of its demographic, exec head now heads up other schools (including one of those listed above, which my children attend).

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 21-Sep-11 21:58:13

It is a much loved oversubscribed local school with a small catchment area.

pinkdelight Thu 22-Sep-11 09:13:32

It's fantastic but as bibbity said, tiny catchment so unless you live literally a stone's throw, forget it. Lots of nice alternatives (albeit also with small catchments)

cakeismyfriend Thu 22-Sep-11 19:27:21

Thanks for the advice. We live quite close. Any ideas about Horniman or Stillness? How do they compare to Fairlawn? I'm slightly put off by Fairlawn as it looks a bit 'concrete'!!

cakeismyfriend Thu 22-Sep-11 21:26:24

Bump smile

sydenhamhiller Fri 23-Sep-11 11:37:36

Have u posted on se23 forum? Similar threads, and all local lurkers. Have friends of friends at Horniman, and they are very happy. In our neck of the woods, it is easy to get caught up the in the Outstanding Ofsted hoopla around Fairlawn and Eliot Bank. We loved Horniman when we went to visit 4 years ago - small, nurturing, felt that the school prized the 'whole child' over Ofsted inspections. But we live too far away, and now children very happy at Eliot Bank...but still feel fond of Horniman on back of 2 visits grin)

se23life Fri 29-Jul-16 10:59:58

I'd recommend posting this question into the "Schools" category on the SE23 forum: se23.life

We have some lively discussions comparing local services and trades, and for those members we've met in real life (at our meetup events, or in Sugar Mountain / No41 Coffee), we show their profiles as "verified" to add trustworthiness to our discussions.

[full disclosure: I'm the founder of SE23.life]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now