Talk

Advanced search

Help with ideas for fancy dress

(8 Posts)
inabit Tue 20-Sep-11 21:10:23

OK so dd in yr2 has been doing all about Roald Dahl and loved it!! grin Now they are having a Roald Dahl party and have to dress as a character.
I'm usually quite creative with these things however this has me a bit stumped confused .
Would like to do something fun and a bit different which is also practical for all day - and in her words ' can't look like a boy' ( I originally suggested an oompa loompa)

TIA

LoveInAColdClimate Tue 20-Sep-11 21:12:36

How about a fox?

jenniec79 Tue 20-Sep-11 21:36:19

Matilda or the little girl from the BFG (Or the Queen for that matter) - would be easy!

One of the girls from Charlie & the Choc. Factory - all in Purple for Violet (with or without face paints) or just done up all PFB with a side of rubbish dump for Verruca?

Red Riding Hood (or is Revolting rhymes a bit older?)

I'm sure there were female Oompa Loompas - where else would baby loompas come from???

Wig and "sensible" shoes (ie stick a bit of box over the toes of her own, painted up) with a hankie to wave while complaining of the smell of children to be one of the Witches?

treas Tue 20-Sep-11 21:46:09

She could go as "me" as in The Giraffe the Pelly and Me - no fancy dress required grin

UniS Tue 20-Sep-11 21:53:11

but "me" is boy aren't they?

HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 20-Sep-11 21:53:40

I would do Orange face paint, green hair spray and umpa lumpa viola....

inabit Tue 20-Sep-11 22:07:26

Thanks so far - like the idea of The Witches - imagine how funny it would look if I got together with some of the other mums and there was a line of oompa loompa's waiting when the bell went grin

Mspontipine Tue 20-Sep-11 23:19:51

Mrs Twit's quite a good one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now