Talk

Advanced search

can you give me some advice to help my year 2 ds with writing?

(5 Posts)
stardice Fri 16-Sep-11 14:02:02

My ds who has just started year 2, finds it really hard to put pen to paper when he has to write about something he is not very interested in. How can i help him to not get into a panic when he has to write about something that is a bit dull? If it's something he finds interesting, his writing is great, so how can he do great writing about less interesting stuff too?

lifesamerrygoround Fri 16-Sep-11 14:06:39

Hi stardice, write from the start might be worth looking at??
DS has started this last month. I can def see improvement. If he does an exercise before doing his homework Ive noticed his writing is smaller and neater. You work on it every day for 10-15 minutes. Ds doesnt mind doing it either which is even better!

stardice Fri 16-Sep-11 14:21:27

Hi, thanks for the reply. It isn't really his handwriting that is the problem - more that his mind goes blank and he can't think what to write, then he panics.

WowOoo Fri 16-Sep-11 14:23:42

Could you do some non written word association games with him? park-swings- slide etc. Just to get him thinking.Then move on to other things, things that he's not interested in. No ideas other than that really.

lifesamerrygoround Fri 16-Sep-11 14:29:31

sorry stardice! i need to read things properly! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now