Talk

Advanced search

Youngest starting school

(2 Posts)
babeire Thu 15-Sep-11 10:55:12

My youngest is starting school next week and I am predictably depressed by this. Feel sick and anxious and drinking a little too much wine!!! I have predictably bought a dog (which is fab) and am considering a move to a nearby village that could offer a change of schools. Some friends tell me to follow the house of my dreams, others think I am taking on way too much change all at once and it could be because of DS starting school. Time just goes so quick once they start and I feel left behind. Advice please, does anyone else feel this way?

AMumInScotland Thu 15-Sep-11 11:23:38

Why would you want to move house and change schools when he hasn't even had a chance to start? That would be very disruptive to him, just at the point where he will be wanting to settle into his class and make friends.

I think you should focus on dealing with the current change, which you're obviously finding a struggle, rather than trying to run away from it by being busy with a possible house move.

The dog is a good plan - it gives you something else to focus on, and gets you out of the house. Think about what else you can do to stop fretting about your youngest starting school - it's a positive move in his life, not something to be depressed about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now