Talk

Advanced search

Twin girls crying everyday going to school

(6 Posts)
ryans Thu 15-Sep-11 09:43:37

Hi Everyone.
My twin girls have just started at a new school in the reception class. They used to go to nursery (not attached to this school) 9-11:30am.

Everyday when i take them i leave them in tears/screaming and trying to find excuses to come home. One usually starts the other one off. I have sat down with them and they have drawn pictures of what they like at school, which it lot of things. They only thing they dont like is how long it is.

Any advice please?

Runoutofideas Thu 15-Sep-11 11:42:57

No advice, but lots of sympathy! My step sister has twins who used to set each other off, but now, a year later they are fine. My dd2 has started school this week and is a wailing, crying disaster!

Insomnia11 Thu 15-Sep-11 13:22:11

I think they just get very very tired at first. Make sure they can just chill out when they get home. It will get better.

CointreauVersial Thu 15-Sep-11 13:26:12

They will set each other off, particularly if they notice how the tears get the other one plenty of attention. In fact, by the end of the first term, quite a few of the previously confident ones in the class will be joining in.

The perceived wisdom is to be no-nonsense and whizz them into the classroom, then walk straight away. Tough to deal with, but you know that they will generally have stopped crying by the time you get to the car. Lots of love and cuddles at pick-up time!

sandyballs Thu 15-Sep-11 14:36:51

Ahh this brings back memories, my twin girls are now in year 6.

They had trouble settling into reception but with hindsight it was because they were separated I think, are yours together?

ryans Tue 27-Sep-11 09:45:05

yeah mine are together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now