Talk

Advanced search

Primary School - St. Catherines (private) or St. Marys and St. Peters (public) schools

(4 Posts)
chaltaHai Mon 12-Sep-11 16:58:50

I moved to Teddington area to get my DD into schools in the area for year1 then realized its very difficult so got her into St.Catherines private school and now we got offer from St.Marys and St.Peters for year 1 place which we never expected. Now we are in dilemma and not sure what do? all kinds of questions between private and public and whether SMSP or St.Catherines. I am sure manu might have gone through this, so instead of generic if you all can help in being specific about selecting SMSP or St.Catherine school. I can pay for private not an issue but I want good education, overall improvement for my kid, so I want to decide between one of the two. So pls suggest/help asap.

RedHelenB Mon 12-Sep-11 17:37:45

Isn't a public school the same as a private school or are you on about state schools?

MrsRobertDuvall Mon 12-Sep-11 20:25:32

SMASP is an excellent state primary.
Is your dd happy at ST Catherine's.......
At the end of the day it depends what you want..small classes, single sex school and pay, or classes of 30, more mixed environment.
Personally I'd not pay, but that's just my opinion.

chaltaHai Tue 13-Sep-11 10:59:54

RedHelen, sorry its between state and private.
Mrs Robert - yes my daughter looks happy in St. Catherines. As parents it comes to basics, if the education and overall development is the same in SMASP then why to spend money? Small class and more individual attention is another issue. I wish I had the option to try out SMSP for few weeks and then decide :-((

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now