Talk

Advanced search

School recommendations in Kensington and Chealsea

(8 Posts)
tafi Sat 10-Sep-11 09:33:36

Can anyone recommend good state primary schools in Kensington and Chealsea. Wanting to transfer my 2 DDs in yrs 3 and 2 from a school in Westminister and any advice on how to go about this would be most welcome.

Birdland Sat 10-Sep-11 17:05:43

Barlby Primary is brilliant-the staff are just fantastic and there are high expectations in terms of behaviour and attainment. My son is very happy there.
Its in the north of the borough-schools in the south are a bit more difficult to get into I've heard.

Good luck

orangina Mon 12-Sep-11 11:57:21

Fox in Notting Hill is supposed to be great, and then there are two state schools in the Kensington area which are fab: St Barnabus (behind cinema on Ken High St) and St Mary Abbot (bottom of Ken Church Street). Also the Oratory (RC school)... is that K&C or H&F? Not sure about that......!

BarryShitpeas Mon 12-Sep-11 11:59:51

For most schools you will need to live quite close by, Which district are you in?

tafi Mon 12-Sep-11 14:55:17

I live in Westminster at the moment but will be in Kensington and Chelsea soon

BarryShitpeas Mon 12-Sep-11 16:33:23

Yes, Kensington and Chelsea is a large borough.

North or South?

tafi Wed 14-Sep-11 09:45:52

Sorry, didn't have time to check on this thread, if anyone is still interested it's South kensington. Thank you.

Chelseahandfull Thu 15-Sep-11 10:18:57

In the south of the borough I believe that Christchurch and Bousfield (spelling?) are considered the best. Oh and Oratory is good too, and takes some non-catholics. I know less about the Catholic ones - if you are, Servite might be worth a look. Bousfield is more funky, and Christchurch more trad. For ChCh at least you need to live v close and preferably have 2 years attendance at Christchurch or St Luke's. Same point re St Mary's Abbot in the north.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now