Talk

Advanced search

school projects

(5 Posts)
jibbajob Thu 08-Sep-11 21:42:42

dd is covering the same topic this term that she did less than 2 years ago - on another level, apparently! Should I be as annoyed as I am?

thisisyesterday Thu 08-Sep-11 21:45:31

If they're looking at it more in depth and going at it from different angles i don't see the problem, they have the benefit of already knowing the basics and can now learn more about it.

i don't think i would have a problem with it?

Ilikepinkwine Thu 08-Sep-11 21:48:21

As long as different skills afre covered and she is engaged in her learning I wouldn't worry. They need to keep it interesting though. Is it an overall topic or something like science? Some things are revisited.

jibbajob Thu 08-Sep-11 21:54:30

MMmm it's the keeping it interesting bit i'm worried about. Surely there are enough juicy subjects in this world to learn about a fresh than to have to go over old ground? I can't help feeling disappointed.

treas Thu 08-Sep-11 22:26:47

Dd's school has a 2 year rolling plan so she now in Yr4 she is covering a topic that she last did in Yr2.

However, even though it is the same topic she is covering different aspects and skills within the topic.

I think you will find that your dd will be doing different topics within the main topic e.g. my dd is doing Fire this term in Yr2 she did The Great Fire of London and Samual Pepys this year she's doing volcanoes and the romans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now