Talk

Advanced search

Last DS starts school tomorrow, what I will and won't miss!

(3 Posts)
carocaro Tue 06-Sep-11 17:03:32

Will Miss - the very essence of him, having boiled eggs and soldiers at lunch just the two of us, lying on the floor building a great Brio track, sitting in the car on the driveway reading a magazine whilst he sleeps, having a cuddle on the sofa watching TV

Won't Miss - the endless 'Mummy' and 'Mummy Look' etc, not being able to poo in peace, dreading how to fill yet anot a rainy day, other kids and mothers in my house making a mess, those soft play paces, making converation with other mums of similar aged kids who are hard work!

whenIgetto3 Tue 06-Sep-11 17:46:58

My last DC4 started school today, I missed the afternoon snuggle watching tv after nursery, the great chats on the way to pick up other DC and all the things you put in your post.

However, I do finally (after only 1 day) have a tidy house, I went in the bath without a "MUUUUMMMMY" being heard and even had a nice sit down and read a magazine in the toilet (like DH) grin

Hope your first day is as nice as mine was smile

HoHoLaughingMonster Tue 06-Sep-11 18:58:47

Will miss - my Friday off work spending time with DD. And getting a lie in! And getting some housework done so I can have fun at the weekend.

Won't miss - paying nursery fees. Working till 5pm - I'll now be leaving at 3 so I can pick DD up from school smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now