Talk

Advanced search

Bullying in P3, any advice,

(5 Posts)
catpark Tue 06-Sep-11 10:17:43

DD1 is in P3 (Age 7) and towards the end of P2 was having bother with a girl in her class. She was pinching/kicking DD in school and in the playground. DD was keeping it to herself until she eventually told me and started to tell the teacher. I was assurred that it was being monitered and that DD1 wasn't the only child that this girl had been targetting. Some things were done after the end of day bell including my DD being told to F*ck off. The mother seems oblivious and just looks at you like your a peice of crap. School told me that after the bell it's nothing to do with them.

Now we're into 3rd week back and this girl is constantly at my child, my DD has been telling the teacher just about every day but the girl is still going after her. At the end of last week my MIL picked her up and there is alot of greenery/shrubs etc. in the playground and this girl, and her 2 friends got DD behind a bush and they emptyed their water bottles over her. My MIL told them to leave DD alone. They ignored her and started laughing at her, so MIL told them she'd be speaking to their teacher which didn't phase them in the slightest. They no longer get picked up they walk home so no parent around. DD's coat was soaked through.

Yesterday and today DD has gone to school but getting her ready in the morning she has been very grumpy and tantruming which she does if something is bothering her as she tends to bottle things up. When I took her to school this girl was there and wouldn't let her in the door then stood and stared at her as she got her coat of etc. I reminded DD to tell her teacher if someone hurts her. The girl said to me 'Why is she to do that, ' So I told her that she had been hurting her and if it continued i would be speaking to the teacher. She then snorted at me and said 'On you go then, like I care'

I've had enough and I'm going to see if I can see her teacher after school today, they don't seem to be doing much to protect my DD and I don't want a repeat of the water bottle incident or worse.

2BoysTooLoud Tue 06-Sep-11 11:27:32

Definitely see the teacher after school today and tell her everything.
Ask how they are monitoring the situation as it seems to not be impacting at all on the girl that is bullying.
Good luck.

Petesmum Tue 06-Sep-11 11:32:27

I'd escalate this straight up to the Head teacher. Insist on getting a copy of the schools anti bullying policy (every school must have one)
I'd also start talking to the school about switching classes. Either move your DD or get the other child moved
Good luck

Groovee Tue 06-Sep-11 11:39:44

I'd be speaking to the teacher and bring up the water incident and the smart alec comments from the child.

catpark Tue 06-Sep-11 12:53:07

As soon as DD saw the girl this morning she shyed away from her and went really quiet. It was horrible to see as DD can be quite an outgoing child. There is no teacher in the cloakroom in the morning and your not allowed to speak to the teacher in the class in the morning either. So i'm going to speak to the teacher at pick up time. Neither of the girls parents pick her up so I want to know if the school have actually contacted them yet to report on her behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now