Talk

Advanced search

pe kits

(8 Posts)
lv4 Mon 05-Sep-11 22:08:15

Dc's school require a PE kit to be kept at school and only comes home at end of term and half term.
In that situation would you buy decent fitted trainers to go in bag or just buy plimsoles? I have just brought trainers but am wondering whether they would be better ulilised at home.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:10:42

DD's school states plimsoles. They apparently do indoor p.e. in bare foot and the shoes only get used for outdoor stuff.

bodiddly Mon 05-Sep-11 22:12:17

we all send in the cheap black velcro plimsoles and save decent trainers for home.

madhattershouse Mon 05-Sep-11 22:12:55

My kids primary insist on trainers, plimsoles are not "appropriate footwear" for outside and they have bare feet for indoor P.E. Does the uniform not state which type they should use?

lv4 Mon 05-Sep-11 22:14:37

I think it says trainers but I know from experience they are rarely used.

twotesttickles Mon 05-Sep-11 22:15:27

Supermarket trainers then.

littleducks Mon 05-Sep-11 22:20:29

I bought plimsoles from primark for about £1.50, they came home hardly used (apparently they wear them to walk to and from the hall) and so will be put away for ds.

I spent sligjhtly more on the wellies she had to keep at school for gardening etc, these were worn more frequently,

elphabadefiesgravity Mon 05-Sep-11 22:28:20

At the dc's school it is plimsolls in reception to year 2 (they do indoor pe in winter in vare feet and outdoor athletics(prepation for sports day races) in summer.

From year 3 onwards they have to have trainers for Pe as they do football, hockey, tennis and proper athletics.

I do get them decent trainers as ds has an exceptionally narrow foot and dd a wide one with high instep. Often sports makes fit better than clarks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now