Talk

Advanced search

7year old with mild BO.

(10 Posts)
Lizcat Mon 05-Sep-11 21:15:09

My DD who is 7.8years old I have noticed in the last few days occasionally has BO. Now she is an early developer she already has size 2 feet and both her daddy and I were at full adult height by the time we were 13. I also was the first at school to get my periods so I am not surprised that all of this is relatively early.
But I seem to remember from Junior school some people were using deoderant from about year 3. So do any of your little ones use deoderant and if so which one?

WoofToYouTooLady Tue 06-Sep-11 00:53:50

pit rock

madhattershouse Tue 06-Sep-11 00:58:14

My ds needed deoderant from the same age as your dd. My ds uses a bog standard roll-on (lynx at the moment). When I started using BO stuff there was no worrying about what sort, only that it worked. I am going with that for my kids too.

wildstrawberryplace Tue 06-Sep-11 10:27:15

No, but if they did I'd use Pit Rok (unscented) or Bionsen Mineral Natural Spray (mild smell a bit like baby lotion). Stops the smell by killing the bacteria that cause it but allows perspiration. I wouldn't want to be using antiperspirants on a child tbh.

ASByatt Tue 06-Sep-11 11:31:53

Lizcat - DD has needed deodorant since she was 6 sad - othewise in the summer she gets really quite niffy, and it's an adult pong iyswim.

She first used a pitrock type thingie, has now moved onto Bionsen - I was keen to get something without aluminium/alcohol.

Madhattershouse - your family, your choice, but my understanding is that aluminium in deodorant is bad news, this hadn't been discovered when I first started using the stuff! Your approach doesn't allow for science/progress??

forehead Tue 06-Sep-11 12:33:32

I use Sanex for my dc'. They dtarted using deodrant at 5

DrGoogle Tue 06-Sep-11 12:40:51

My DD is the same age (and shoe size!) and has needed deodrant for about 9 months. We chose the Dove original solid stick as it's easier for her to manage.

Lizcat Tue 06-Sep-11 13:24:33

Gosh I'm really glad that she's not the only one. I have looked into the aluminium problem and from checking cancer researches website the link with breast cancer seems to have not only have been discredited, but also disproven in a large study. So DD and I took a trip to the supermarket this morning we did look at the pit rock, but she really didn't like it. She did like the original Dove roll-on so that is what we have gone for.
Thank you for all your advice and for letting me know I am not the only one with a slightly niffy 7 year old.

Dorje Tue 06-Sep-11 13:37:26

We use dr organic deodorant with our 7yo.
It smells lovely, contains no nasties, and doesn't stop her sweating.

mrsbaffled Tue 06-Sep-11 14:31:19

My DS is a bit niffy too, but only when he's extra hot. I was amazed tho as he's only average size and DH and I were a bit late to develop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now