Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have a DC doing an all about me bag?

(6 Posts)
awkwardsituation101 Mon 05-Sep-11 17:17:54

I have just found a note in DD's book bag asking her to bring in an all about me bag for tomorrow. She has to take six items that tell the class all about her.

I was thinking: family photo, favourite book, something to do with shrek, a wooden spoon (likes cooking), a shell (had fun at the beach this year) and something general to show she likes being outdoors [racks brains!!].

Anyone else doing this- what will your DC include?

DownyEmerald Mon 05-Sep-11 21:38:37

That would have totally thrown me. In fact I am going to check dd's bookbag now (had relied on dp saying nothing in it!).

I think your suggestions are great - how about a pine cone/fossil/pet stone/beautiful leaf/fave stick for the outdoors thing?

CointreauVersial Mon 05-Sep-11 21:43:18

We have done a shoebox - much the same thing. DD2 has included:

a family photo
a crystal (she likes them)
a little pipecleaner peacock she made (she likes craft)
a skipping rope (she likes to play outside)
a swimming medal (she's very proud of it)
a dreamcatcher (a favourite item)
a DS game (enough said....blush)

whoknowswho Mon 05-Sep-11 21:51:47

My dd did this last year - we did ballet shoes (she's dance mad), a map of ireland (where grandparents live), some barbie doll clothes, a photo of her baptism, her babygymini's badge and a hanki that granny gave her (she died the year before) and something else that has slipped my mind right now!!! What about a picture of your DD outdoors having fun??

Hulababy Mon 05-Sep-11 21:55:44

Our Y1s have been asked to do an all about me bag. They have a small paper bag and need to put 3 things in it.

I have done mine (I even posted a thread about it smile ). Mine has:
* picture of DD and DH
* small toy suitcase - I like holidays
* a small camera - I am rarely without my SLR

Clary Tue 06-Sep-11 00:37:04

My DD has done a shoebox with
programmes from a musical and a dance show she was in this year
photos of family and friends
Brownie badge and Cub necker
swimming hat
Harry Potter book and pic of Shell cottage from the recent film (we went to the beach it was built on this summer) she is a Biiiiig HP fan
clarinet fridge magnet (she plays clarinet)
toy monkey (she loves cuddlies and monekys)
DS Nintendogs game <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now