Talk

Advanced search

Hill House International_Information for New Parents_Transfer Student

(5 Posts)
LondonMummy2011 Mon 05-Sep-11 10:51:01

I have the daughter who just started at HH - transferred there - and is in Year 2/Middle School. Wanted to find out more about the school (i.e. do they give kids the opportunity to do plays, what about the 'no talking during lunch' policy, etc). Tried www.cinochat.com - but got a message saying that it was no longer available. Is there another forum?

Many thanks.

Wigsy Thu 22-Sep-11 11:30:07

Hello LM - my daughter's just started at Small School, so I'm not an expert, but the only thing that put me off HH was the lack of plays, as my daughter would love that kind of thing. I might sign her up for an external kids' drama group like Stagecoach from next year.

I keep meaning to ask her if she's allowed to talk during lunch. I really like the school, and the happy children that it turns out, but mealtimes to me are a sociable thing, and I'm curious to find out if the lunch silence rumour is true or not. If you find out, will you let me know?

shoelover1 Thu 22-Sep-11 17:39:53

It was definitely no talking at lunch when my son was there - but that was four years ago now - He never mentioned it so we never knew - it was only when he changed schools and realised most people were allowed to talk at lunchtime

Wigsy Mon 26-Sep-11 14:15:20

It's still no talking at lunch today, even at Small School. I wonder why. I think they do lunch in shifts, rather than all 144 children at once, so maybe it's to speed things along. I'm surprised they expect it of the tiny ones, though.

sanam2010 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:23:11

Hi,
could you share if your children are happy there? My DD is signed up with Hill House for Sep 15 entry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now