Talk

Advanced search

Unbranded trainers- what to get

(15 Posts)
Friedtomatoes77 Sat 03-Sep-11 17:01:05

Can anyone help me with this please. We need to get trainers for school for ds who up to know has just needed daps. The school says they need to be unbranded ones but looking in the shops it's all Nike, etc except for some Start Rite ones which are nearly £40 and having just bought school shoes which were also around that price I'm hoping for something a bit cheaper. Thinking of getting M &S ones which are about £10/15 but not sure. Any advice would be great, about a good value unbranded choice!

many thanks

Lulaloo Sat 03-Sep-11 17:07:26

We needed the same for my daughter going into yr7.
I purchased them at the nearest official school outfitters, they were only £21.00 and the school cannot complain (white and non-marking sole). Try your local official outfitters.
I made a mistake with my son and ended up buying two pairs both of which were more expensive!! Good luckxx

2BoysTooLoud Sat 03-Sep-11 17:18:19

Check out supermarkets - Tescos, Asda etc

caughtinanet Sat 03-Sep-11 17:21:43

Yes, supermarkets have very cheap unbranded trainers but the problem I've found is getting a child to wear them after a certain age.

School trainers are a bit of a bug bear with me this week - how can it worth so much aggro for a couple of hours a week angry

Ferguson Sat 03-Sep-11 17:27:26

Hi

Our DS is aged 28 now (they grow up quicker than you realise!) but over the years virtually all clothes for him and both parents have been M&S. Always good value we find, and if there are any problems with anything they are usually happy to sort out.

But I agree, local school outfitters are probably good value too.

queenebay Sat 03-Sep-11 17:32:48

next do lovely ones

Runoutofideas Sat 03-Sep-11 19:37:53

DD1 always has the M&S trainers and they've been fine.

seeker Sat 03-Sep-11 19:41:14

Stead and Simpson

Less than 7 quid.

Fizzylemonade Sat 03-Sep-11 23:18:35

I have used Asda and Next in the past. Just bought Asda ones, £8 for size 11.

All the supermarkets sell unbranded ones too.

crystal07 Sun 04-Sep-11 16:20:41

I wish I had posted this question. Ive just spent £30 on trainers, £12 on plimsolls and £40 on black school shoes. All for dd who is only 6.

EdithWeston Sun 04-Sep-11 16:28:56

John Lewis do an own label (which carries no visible brand) - very good quality but about £20.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 04-Sep-11 16:31:53

Shoezone. Cheap and cheerful but if they are just for PE, they aren't wearing them long.

UniS Sun 04-Sep-11 19:15:28

Shoezone - cheap, but try them on, not all the same shape. Which is good for my lad who has funny shaped feet, we go and he tries on 4 or 5 different styles till we find one that doesn't pinch his toes.
However some "branded " trainers do not look branded IYSWIM, boys last trainers were Fila, but being plain black velcro trainers you wouldn't have guessed.

baffledmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:12:42

Have always bought Asda ones. I now get to Asda early July though to buy them before they sell out!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now