Talk

Advanced search

State Primary Schools in North Dorset

(6 Posts)
BlueGeranium Thu 01-Sep-11 17:54:32

We are planning to move to either Gillingham or Shaftesbury in the coming year and will need to get our children into a primary school. Can anyone recommend a good primary school in either of these towns please?

mel38 Thu 01-Sep-11 18:02:25

There is a fantastic primary just south of shaftesbury in fontmell magna called st andrews thay have a website , its lovely.......

BlueGeranium Thu 01-Sep-11 18:20:49

Thanks mel. I'll have a look at that one. Any other recommendations?

mel38 Thu 01-Sep-11 18:37:40

dont really know about gillingham but gillingham senior school is the best in the area ! so you might want to bear that in mind when choosing where to live and a primary school , you just wont get in if you are out of catchment ...

UnSerpentQuiCourt Thu 01-Sep-11 22:49:54

Have also heard good things about Fontmell and a friend is just about to start as reception teacher. Gillingham senior school is very sought after, but so is the Gryphon in Sherborne. Shaftesbury is a much nicer place to live than Gillingham.

BlueGeranium Fri 02-Sep-11 08:21:30

Thanks everyone. I had heard Gillingham senior school was a good one, so we'd quite like to be in the catchment area for that. Presumably that rules out Shaftesbury then, as I assume they'd have their own senior school? Is their senior school a good one too?

I think it will probably be Gillingham we end up in as it has the railway station. Although Shaftesbury is still a possibility. Too much choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now