Talk

Advanced search

Is there a thread anywhere for Mum's whoose last DC are starting school in Sept?

(15 Posts)
carocaro Tue 30-Aug-11 17:37:28

Just wondered. (blub). My last child, DS, is starting school next week. And I know he is totally fine and very ready for it, its the end of an era for me. I've had a child at home for the last 6 years and although sometimes I would have loved for them to have buggered off, I really think I will miss him. Yes the day is short and he will soon be home with his older brother. But my life will flip into a whole new dimension. I am going to go back to work/starting own business and have been volunterring in my chosen field for the last 18 months.

I do feel ready for it in some ways and feel excited about this new chapter in my life, but I have a gulp in my heart about it.

Do you know what I mean?

PGTip Tue 30-Aug-11 17:39:54

I'm the same my dc2 is starting school next week, I've had someone at home for 7 years and I'm dreading next week. I well up every time I think of it. sad

carocaro Tue 30-Aug-11 17:57:15

PGTip STOP! I have just sobbed all the way home after getting water bottles from Sainsburys for them. What are we to do? More tissues, waterproof mascara?

AlfalfaMum Tue 30-Aug-11 18:01:38

Yes <sob> my babiest girl, DD3, started school today. I am bereft!
I didn't feel so bad with the others because I still had her.
My eldest has also just started secondary, double whammy.

NettieSpaghetti Wed 31-Aug-11 01:04:23

Thanks for thread. I thought I was doing ok. Ds leaves nursery this Friday. He has just woken up sobbing about how he doesn't want to have his last day because he doesn't want to say goodbye to his keyworker.

This is the second time he has got upset thinking about it. sadsad Inbetween he has been counting down the weeks and the days.

I can't stop crying now! sad

whenIgetto3 Wed 31-Aug-11 12:51:43

My youngest DC4 starts school next Tuesday and I am wondering what I will be doing with myself all day. I have had a child at home for the last 10 years (nearly 11 DD1 is 11 in Nov).

It is really sad

Nettie my DD doesn't want to leave her friends at nursery either she cried on her last day.

EustaciaVye Wed 31-Aug-11 12:58:22

Have had a child at home for last 7 years. DD2 starts next week. She is excited. So am I.

Just a little worried I might get a bit lonely some days, even though I have lots planned - regular exercise with friends, part-time work etc.

Whatisitthistime Wed 31-Aug-11 13:09:12

Shouldn't you all have thought about this 9 months ago, and prevented this moment?!?! grin

whenIgetto3 Wed 31-Aug-11 13:37:32

Whatis there is NO way this house could cope with another DC 4 is definitely enough here, any more and my DH would have to give in and buy a 7 seater grin

Whatisitthistime Wed 31-Aug-11 15:13:36

But have you seen the lovely models that are now on the market.......

carocaro Wed 31-Aug-11 17:16:58

My eyes leaked today, naming all his stuff, dam dam dam my leaking eyes!

whenIgetto3 Wed 31-Aug-11 18:00:35

Whatis yes all are very lovely but having just spent 2 years in the USA with a mega big mini van and a 6 seater truck I just can't find anything here that is big enough grin

whenIgetto3 Wed 31-Aug-11 18:03:01

carocaro the name labels are getting to me, I feel like I have been sewing them on all summer, hhhmmm think I have grin but hey 3 DCs at prep school with uniform, sports uniform, bags and everything else under the sun needing a name label on (sewn all the way round --not here--) I think I may have given my sewing machine label phobia

mumutd Wed 31-Aug-11 19:51:32

I have had a child at home for the last 10 + yrs, I have 4 children and my 3rd starts school next week but my 4th will only be 12 mths behind her (he turned 3 on 28th Aug). I really no idea how I am going to cope with that, the year he starts school, my eldest starts comprehensive so like a pp said - a double whammy!!

Hope it goes well xx

carocaro Thu 13-Oct-11 11:30:10

So how does it feel? I think it feels weird, I keep thinking he is in the car seat when I am driving along and I just miss him in the house. I also can't seem to get my act together, just waft about really. I need some work and some £ but too scared to apply for anything so I don't. I am doing an OU degree but can't seem to engage with it and I do some volunteer work which again I am stalling on. DS2 is off ill today. I need an enormous kick up the backside and a plan of action, help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now