Talk

Advanced search

does your school provide cutlery (lunchbox only)

(11 Posts)
mousymouse Sat 27-Aug-11 13:04:57

the school my tiny newborn starts at soon does not offer cooked lunch so it would be lunchbox all the way <freaks out>
I forgot to ask them if it will be provided.
should I get cheap(ish) cutlery just in case?

mrz Sat 27-Aug-11 13:06:25

We don't provide cutlery for children with lunch boxes (although we do have school cooked lunches)

hocuspontas Sat 27-Aug-11 13:07:44

I wouldn't have thought so, unless they employ someone to wash up. No cups either - so own drinks container needed!

mousymouse Sat 27-Aug-11 13:12:28

I will ask at the info evening next week...
in the meantime I will go and get cutlery at the supermarket. we can use it for picknicks if not needed at school.

AbigailS Sat 27-Aug-11 13:17:51

It's a bit different as we do both schol dinners and packed lunches, but we don't provide cutlery for packed lunches, unless someone has forgetten a yoghurt spoon or something like that. We provide spare cups as well. I can't imaging your school will provide spoons, can you imagine how many would disappear home accidently in lunchboxes.
When you talk about cutlery do you mean spoons? Almost all our packed lunch children have "finger food" so forks are very rare, but again the odd pasta salad bowl I've seen has a plastic fork in the lunchbox.

BleughCowWonders Sat 27-Aug-11 13:22:00

Nothing provided here! Bring own water bottle and anything the dc needs to eat with. But normally sandwiches so no need. I've noticed some older ones bringing a flask with hot food but rarely the younger chdren.

mousymouse Sat 27-Aug-11 13:39:22

I means forks and spoons.

mrz Sat 27-Aug-11 13:49:43

We will provide a spoon (because we also provide school meals these are available) for yoghurt if the child has forgotten theirs but otherwise don't provide cutlery and I think the is normal in most schools. If you send something in the lunch box that can't be eaten with fingers you will need to make sure you have put cutlery in the box too.

cat64 Sat 27-Aug-11 14:10:10

Message withdrawn

mousymouse Sat 27-Aug-11 16:10:15

thank you!

CardyMow Sun 28-Aug-11 11:18:38

Tesco value plastic ones. That way when they empty their lunchboxes at school, if the cutlery ends up in the school bin, it doesn't matter. <<Lost too many teaspoons like that!>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now