Talk

Advanced search

Ks1 assesment

(5 Posts)
festi Fri 26-Aug-11 10:38:49

DD going from R to y1, I was given dds learning journal and a written repeort by dds teacher, but no ks1 assesment at the end of term. so I have no idea at what level dd is working at. there are two classes spread across two year groups based on ability so for instace yR and y1, y1 and y2, she is moving to the y1 and 2 and she is bright so this seems right but I would like to know what level she is working at and what the assesment criteria involves. Do schools normal pass on the assesment to parents or has she not had a ks1 assesment yet?

IndigoBell Fri 26-Aug-11 10:48:50

Reception isn't in KS1. It's in EYFS. So she hasn't got NC levels yet.....

mankyscotslass Fri 26-Aug-11 10:51:19

She wasn't in KS1, she was in FS, my son is moving to yr1 this year too.

You should have got a report at the end of YR with the EYFS goals. We were not given scores as such, just told where he was working towards or had achieved the aims. hth

AbigailS Fri 26-Aug-11 10:52:29

Short answer - no! Most children leaving reception will only just be entering the level 1 on the national curriculum and are unlikely to be "awarded" level 1 unless they have consistently achieved all the strands required.
Most schools follow the Primary Framework -
webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110202093118/http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/primary/primaryframework

If you are interested in the assessment criteria look at the APP guidelines
Maths - www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/math/index.php?category_id=780&s=!B121cf29d70ec8a3d54a33343010cc2
Literacy - www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/nationalstrategy/ks3/english/index.php?category_id=147

festi Fri 26-Aug-11 10:54:46

thanks that is helpfull.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now