Talk

Advanced search

Looking from help from a primary teacher

(7 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 24-Aug-11 20:05:43

Hi,

I am looking for the APP assessment levels grid for primary science, and can't find a thing on the Archives site now that the national standards site has gone poof. I know what teh AFs covered are but would like to look in a little emore etail at teh Level descriptors.

I am a trainee secondary science teacher to be as of Sept and need to review the Science curriculum taught at primary and thought this could be one of the best and most condensed ways to do it?

Any help finding this info would be appreciated...have tried googling till I am blue in the face but all the links re to teh now defunct national standards and QCDA sections referring me to the impossible to navigate without knowing what you are looking for National archives site.
TIA

ProfessionallyOffendedGoblin Wed 24-Aug-11 20:07:44

AFs only cover AT1, so for levelled descriptions you are going to have to go back to the NC.

AbigailS Wed 24-Aug-11 20:10:27

www.cfbt.com/lincs/primary,nursery,specialeduc/appassessment/leadassessmentschoolproject/primaryscienceappguidelines.aspx
(sorry can't do links!)
And as last poster says its based on AT1. These old QCA schemes of work cover the other ATs, but are not compulsory: webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20100612050234/http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/schemes2/science/?view=get

AbigailS Wed 24-Aug-11 20:11:00

OOOOH! I did links

mrz Wed 24-Aug-11 20:11:48

ngfl.northumberland.gov.uk/science/ks12assessment/kandu.htm

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 24-Aug-11 20:35:16

OK...I think I see. I had missed out the Ats in my hierachy of thinking and skipped straight to AFs...

I think I best catch up with my acronyms.

So the grids in the first link only relate to teh scientific enquiry....doesn't cover the "facts/knowledge" part of the curriculum?

AbigailS Wed 24-Aug-11 20:38:38

"So the grids in the first link only relate to teh scientific enquiry....doesn't cover the "facts/knowledge" part of the curriculum?". Correct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now