Talk

Advanced search

Any good interactive educational websites out there for 5 and 6 year olds?

(5 Posts)
DoingMyVeryBest Wed 24-Aug-11 16:01:56

Hello. I'm new, this is my first time here so I hope I'm doing it right...

I'm looking for some good kids educational websites to let my children loose on, they're 5 and 6 years old (1 boy, 1 girl) and, while we enjoy cbeebies, I'd like to find some more too. Especially some that involve typing and keyboard skills. Is it a big ask?

We've tried educationcity and I also use phonicsplay sometimes but they still like cbeebies best.

Any suggestions are welcome.

piellabakewell Wed 24-Aug-11 17:03:05

There is a typing tutor on the BBC Schools site here. I'm an infant teacher and often use it in ICT lessons.

Ferguson Wed 24-Aug-11 19:07:26

Hi

A couple of sites I used when I was KS1 Teaching Assistant, are:

uptoten.com - hundreds of games, colouring (on-screen or print out and colour), music, etc

enchantedlearning.com - American, and most games cost now, but there are free demos.

bbc.co.uk/schools/ks1bitesize - numeracy and literacy activities.

(There was also a Primary school that used to have an amazing web site of games, but the name escapes me. If I find it I'll let you know.)

I think a lot of kids books, films, games etc will have games and activities on: there is a Lego one, but I can't make it work!! Could be because we have Linux and not Windows.

Good luck.

blackeyedsusan Wed 24-Aug-11 23:10:59

maths games

ks1 games

some more

blackeyedsusan Wed 24-Aug-11 23:21:23

the button v9.swf more maths

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now