Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting school & health check/immunisations

(7 Posts)
74slackbladder Tue 23-Aug-11 15:22:22

Have a vague idea in my head that children need some kind of pre-school medical before they enter reception - I have had nothing sent to me but it may be that I'm meant to arrange myself - I keep meaning to check in the red book but keep forgetting. Anyone know anythign ?

CMOTdibbler Tue 23-Aug-11 15:32:03

No, nothing here. DS had his 'pre school' imms at 4

mrsbaffled Tue 23-Aug-11 17:10:00

DS had some 'pre-school boosters' at 3 and a half. That was second MMR and other jabs. Don't think there is anything else......

Seona1973 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:35:19

ds got weighed and measured when he got his pre-school jabs at around 3 1/2 years old.

mrz Tue 23-Aug-11 20:52:41

In my area children have a "medical" after they start reception (height weight basic eye test)

treesinthebreeze Tue 23-Aug-11 20:56:11

My dd had her boosters and an eye test.

MayDayChild Tue 23-Aug-11 21:26:18

Yes to booster jabs but there should have been a letter from your GP for this. Also thy won't give the jabs without the red book so easy to check if they have been given.
Eye test I arranged myself at local optician which is free for children. They were great and tested her with only the letters in her name so she recognised them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now