Talk

Advanced search

Independent Schools London?

(7 Posts)
AnnaB89 Tue 16-Aug-11 13:24:34

Message deleted

Kladdkaka Tue 16-Aug-11 13:52:51

You can use the Independent Schools Council database to search and read the inspection reports on independent schools here

Alternatively, the Times (Financial I think) do an annual list of top 500 independent schools. When I was at school (looooong time ago) this was the one they wanted to be on. I found the list online but can't open up on my computer for some reason.

Good luck.

Kladdkaka Tue 16-Aug-11 13:56:32

The FT report does work, it just takes for ever for it to open up. I could only find the 2009 one though here

LetsEscape Tue 16-Aug-11 15:00:07

The Good School guide is excellent for advice. It covers most good secondary schools but the primary are not comprehensive so if you like a local school don't assume it is not good.

Elibean Tue 16-Aug-11 15:15:47

What are your priorities, what kind of a school would you like for your dc? I am in your area, and can tell you what schools exist, but have no first hand experience of them...

Foxton Thu 18-Aug-11 14:44:34

What age/gender DC are you looking for? The nearest independent schools are the Harrodian in Barnes (co-ed 4-18) and Ibstock (ditto). There's also Tower House for boys in Sheen which goes up to 13 I think - then some in Putney and Richmond too. Don't have any first hand experience either, but I do know that all the local state primaries are great.

crazygracieuk Thu 18-Aug-11 15:48:32

Colet Court might be worth a try if you have a son who's very academic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now