Talk

Advanced search

Independent Schools London?

(7 Posts)
AnnaB89 Tue 16-Aug-11 13:24:34

Message deleted

Kladdkaka Tue 16-Aug-11 13:52:51

You can use the Independent Schools Council database to search and read the inspection reports on independent schools here

Alternatively, the Times (Financial I think) do an annual list of top 500 independent schools. When I was at school (looooong time ago) this was the one they wanted to be on. I found the list online but can't open up on my computer for some reason.

Good luck.

Kladdkaka Tue 16-Aug-11 13:56:32

The FT report does work, it just takes for ever for it to open up. I could only find the 2009 one though here

LetsEscape Tue 16-Aug-11 15:00:07

The Good School guide is excellent for advice. It covers most good secondary schools but the primary are not comprehensive so if you like a local school don't assume it is not good.

Elibean Tue 16-Aug-11 15:15:47

What are your priorities, what kind of a school would you like for your dc? I am in your area, and can tell you what schools exist, but have no first hand experience of them...

Foxton Thu 18-Aug-11 14:44:34

What age/gender DC are you looking for? The nearest independent schools are the Harrodian in Barnes (co-ed 4-18) and Ibstock (ditto). There's also Tower House for boys in Sheen which goes up to 13 I think - then some in Putney and Richmond too. Don't have any first hand experience either, but I do know that all the local state primaries are great.

crazygracieuk Thu 18-Aug-11 15:48:32

Colet Court might be worth a try if you have a son who's very academic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: